For beginning internet business owners, advertising dollars can sometimes be low. Fortunately, there are some successful low-cost ways to advertise your business, increase your visibility in the search engines, and get traffic to your website.
In what follows, are two ways that can help you to get your website or blog noticed:
- Article Marketing –
- By writing articles, and submitting them to article directories, you can drive traffic to your website
- When other website owners visit article directories looking for well-written articles that they can use on their own sites, they are supposed to keep your biography and links intact.
- Therefore, it is through your biography and links that you can get direct traffic from the articles themselves. This can be a great way to begin establishing yourself as an expert in a niche.
- The one-way links, which you also get back to your site when your article is posted on another related website, can help you rank better in Google.
- Since the Google Panda updates, SEO experts have been recommending that you submit unique, quality articles to a limited number of article directories of higher page rank and alexa rankings.
- Tip: PLR used “as is” is not allowed on good article directory sites, however you can use PLR as a starting point. High-quality PLR is always well-researched so that you can take it, rewrite it in your own words, and add in your own ideas and thoughts in order to create a unique article that can then be submitted.
- Do Video Marketing –
- YouTube and other video streaming sites have become the “go-to” place to look up how to do things, and so much more.
- In fact, YouTube is considered the number two search engine, so you want to make sure that you do not ignore this important method of advertising your business.
- Start by creating a YouTube channel. When you choose a name for your channel, try to use keywords and make it something relevant to your online business.
- Create videos that are useful and educational, yet do not give all the information away. You still want to entice people to visit your website or blog, so you just want to give them a taste without telling them all the information. Otherwise, there will be no need for them to visit your site if you give them all the information on your videos.
- In order to increase the chances that people will visit your website after viewing your videos online, be sure to include http://www.yourdomainname.com address in the Description box. You also want to include your domain name on the actual video, should viewers be watching your video when not on the YouTube website. To do this, you can use software programs such as Windows Movie Maker (for PC’s).
- When naming your videos, use keyword-rich titles that are interesting. Also, be sure to include tags for your videos to increase the chances of your videos being found.
- Tip: You can buy PLR PowerPoints that can be turned into video using your own voice. If you are interested, you can find some of those on my PLR store, in the larger packs. If you need help learning how to turn your PowerPoint PLR into a video, here’s a video to help you.
In summary, two low-cost ways of advertising your online business include using article marketing, and video marketing. Using these two methods will bring your website or blog increased exposure.